Celebrity Car Crashes
The following is a guest post by the Law Offices of Console & Hollawell P.C.
No one is immune to automobile accidents — even celebrities. All of the movie credits, awards, and tabloid coverage in the world can’t protect you against the hazards of the road and other drivers. This article explores six celebrity car crashes that prove when they get behind the wheel, celebrities are just like us.
1. Flamboyant basketball celeb Dennis Rodman was lucky to walk away from a serious crash in July of 2010. Rodman was a passenger in a Range Rover that flipped three times on Florida’s I-95, after a tire blowout. No one was too surprised when this tough competitor walked away with just a few scratches.
2. Lindsay Lohan hates the camera-clicking paparazzi, and will do anything to escape them. Unfortunately, she confused real life with the movies when she tried to speed away from them in her automobile. It’s too bad her get-away scene was less than perfectly scripted. The end result? Lots of paparazzi pics of Lohan and her wrecked Mercedes-Benz. Fail!
3. One of the most notorious and highly publicized car crashes involved golfing legend Tiger Woods, who was injured in a car wreck in November of 2009. The accident itself was relatively minor and most likely wouldn’t have generated the news it did if not for the reason behind it—Tiger’s alleged affairs, which are thought to be somewhat similar in number to the amount of Majors he has won.
4. Heather Locklear has adorned many a teenaged boy’s wall, but her mug shot leaves little to be desired. In April of 2010 Locklear was arrested after a hit-and-run — with a “No Parking” sign. Locklear failed to report the incident, and was detained by police as a result. When all was said and done Locklear beat the charges, which is great news for anyone who watches the Lifetime channel.
5. Football star Tom Brady took some punishment off the gridiron when he was hit by a driver who ran a red light just before the start of the 2010 season. While Brady’s Audi was damaged, he walked away uninjured, and the New England Patriots made it to the playoffs.
6. Demi Lovato, the 18-year-old singer-songwriter, musician, and actress best known for roles in Disney’s Camp Rock movies, was involved in a minor accident in May of 2010, when she hit a parked vehicle. The good news? Lovato waited more than an hour for the owner of the vehicle to show up. The bad news? Lovato cited fatigue as the reason for the accident, proving it pays to be well-rested before you get behind the wheel.
You don’t have to be a celebrity to ensure your accident gets the attention it deserves. If you’ve recently been injured in a car accident, and you believe that someone else is responsible, it makes sense to talk with an experienced personal injury attorney. Your first appointment is absolutely free, and is the first step in receiving the damages you may be entitled to.
The experienced and dedicated attorneys from the Law Offices of Console and Hollawell have been assisting accident victims in New Jersey and Pennsylvania for the past 18 years. Located out of Marlton, New Jersey, they also have offices in Newark, NJ, Philadelphia, PA, and Center Valley, PA.